Whether your cleanroom is to be a "Stick Built" - "Hybrid" - "Modular Hardwall" or "Softwall", these are a few items to address with your design team up front!
1. Determine the product process flow initinally, to see where the most effective placement of the HEPA filters in the ceiling grid will be!
2. Will there be a downstream access port for filter challenge.
3. Are the HEPA filter installers trained on installing the HEPA filters properly.(Ask the filter supplier this question in the design stage)
4. When is it time to change the HEPA filters (Ask the filter supplier this question in the design stage)
5.Set aside a lay away budget plan for the replacement of the HEPA filters.
6. What is the right sealant to be used for sealing wall/ceiling penetrations.
7. Will you need a Pass-Thru or Air Shower.
8. Will the flooring be conductive or non conductive.
9. Will you be using a Central Vacuuming System or a Portable HEPA Vacuum.
10. DO NOT skimp on the size of the Gown Room.
11. Where are you going to store the custodial equipment and supplies.
12. Where are you going to store the extra garments.
13. When purchasing a softwall cleanroom, discuss with your vendor about room pressurization recommendations per ISO 14644-4 guidelines.
14. Make sure your cleanroom garment provider is providing you with a "Certificate of Cleanliness" per ASTM F51/F51M testing methods on each delivery to assure that your garments are clean.
To better aid you in your cleanroom endeavors, download our articles on the front page of our website.
Check our website for our 2022 training seminar schedule.
Ralph Kraft is available for speaking engagements at your function, bringing his past and current experiences of troubleshooting and certifying cleanrooms (since 1977) to your organizations membership.
Ralph can provide a talk on (1) Design Considerations for those contemplating a cleanroom and the value of a "Build Clean" methodology program for the construction phase of our cleanroom or (2) The Value of Establishing an on-going Monitoring Program for optimal operational efficiency.
Contact Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.
CERTIFICATION TECHNICAN WANTED:
We are looking for a Customer Oriented individual to assist us in the Testing/Certificaton of Cleanroom Facilities, Biological Safety Cabinet's and Laminar Flow Benches within the Upstate NY area.
If you are interested in entering the cleanroom consulting/testing industry (we provide training) or have past HVAC Air Balance or Cleanroom Certification experience looking for a change, we would like to talk to you.
Must be able to pass Federal/State Drug and Background checks.
Valid drivers licence and reliable transportation a must (gas allowance provided)
Strong organizational, communication, presentation skills, able to work alone and in a team setting
Microsoft Word Doc, Excel. CadCam astute.
Able to lift 50 lbs. Able to work on equipment in kneeling, standing, sitting, bending positions.
Position is full time (salaried) with paid vacation.
Agency is Rochester, NY based.
Contact Jeffrey Brooks at JB.CleanroomServices@gmail.com for more information.